Featured Post

INTRODUCTION TO GRIEVING CREATIVELY BLOG

Monday, June 13, 2022

INTRODUCTION TO GRIEVING CREATIVELY BLOG



It's June 13, 2022... and I woke up feeling "BLAH".  That's right.  It's Monday morning and the week looks to be filled with clouds and rain.  What other option does this Enneagram Four, Fifty something Female have but to feel "BLAH"  

So my first thought was... clean the house; feel productive; do something to shine today.  So I started to clean.  I was cleaning the bathroom when a thought popped into my head.  What do I have in me that is worth sharing?  I seem to be on a continuous journey to find a contribution to the Cosmos that matters. 

And then two words came to my cranium: Creative Grieving.  With the Windex in hand I wondered and I pondered.  If there was one thing that described my grief journey over my fifty some years of living... creative seems to top the list.  It seems that my only way to process the pain in my life is through my greatest gift... my creativity.  

My next thought was... has anyone else thought of this?  So I went into my office to google "Creative Grieving"  and I found the book.  "Creative Grieving" by Elizabeth Catignani.  I downloaded it for a amazing cost of eight dollars.   

And then another thought came to me.  I could read the book... do a blog post on "Ruby gets Real" and leave it at that... or I could start a new blog and share my own creative grieving stories.  

This is exiting for me... so far from being sad.  There is joy in this for me.  Can I invite others into a space of finding creativity in their own grief journey.  Can we all walk though our losses in life with special meaning and added uniqueness.  I don't just think so... I have experienced so.   

The photo I chose for my blog and my introductory post was that of the dandelions that are have been blooming in my lawn this week.  They have a story and a history in my life and it seemed only fitting that I include them.  They are a resilient flower and it doesn't matter what mows over them, they seem to keep blooming.  That is what I want to be... a resilient blooming ray of sunshine.  How can I do that?  Well... maybe I can do that by sharing some of the creative ways I have processed grief and loss in my life. 

I want to make one thing clear.  I don't want this to be solely a solemnly sad blog.  I have found great joy, meaning and healing through my different grief journeys.  I hope that comes through here.    So thank you for joining me and maybe we can find more creative ways to grieve as we celebrate life while we walk through our losses.  

signing off: 

Ruby Neumann:  The Precious Poet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment